Finding and attracting new customers for your small business can be a challenge for any small business owner. Some people believe they have to spend lots of time and money on fancy, involved marketing strategies to entice new clients and expand their client base. Luckily, you can find and attract new customers with these 5 marketing tips effectively and affordably.
- Reach out to the community. This is a great way to interact with the people you are trying to reach throughout your marketing. Find out where these individuals spend their time. Consider leaving bookmarks at your local library, sponsoring a 5K run/walk, or even sponsoring a local sport team such as a Little League group. Putting yourself and your business out there will help you to find, target and attract new customers to your business.
- Take advantage of word of mouth. You can do this by developing solid, genuine relationships with your current customers who will then go on to rave about the high quality service they have received from your small business. Word of mouth spreads quickly, both positively and negatively, so be sure to take care of the customers you already have before taking on more new clients.
- Use the Internet to find and attract new customers. Websites and social media pages allow your target audience to search for your services. If you have a strong web presence, people will be able to find you easily and current clients will be able to share information via the Internet with their close family and friends simply and quickly at the click of a button. Utilize sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Yelp for the best results. This will allow potential customers to find out information about your business, read reviews and pose questions, concerns or praise.
- Give out samples of your product or service. Often times when someone is given an opportunity to try, they will find that they really like it and want more. If they like it enough to be willing to pay for more, you will be able to take on a new customer. Free samples are a small investment that will be worthwhile so that people are able to experience what your small business really has to offer.
- You may also consider offering coupons to entice new customers to come into your business and buy your product of service. When people believe they are getting a deal, they will be much more likely to try something new that they may not have otherwise purchased without a coupon or discount.
All of these tips can help you to find and attract new customers for your small business in order to expand your client base and improve your business success. Get involved in the community, use word of mouth to your advantage, develop a web presence or market with brilliant directories, take good care of current customers, give out free samples or trials to new customers, and offer coupons to draw in new customers for the best results.